SQ, DB, GME, ATVI and more

Jack Dorsey, chief executive officer of Square Inc., second right, gives a tour of the floor of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in New York, USA, on Thursday, November 19, 2015. Jana Paskova | Bloomberg | Getty Images Check out the companies making headlines during midday trading. Block — Shares lost nearly 3%, after … Read more

Europe’s leaders are battling the banking crisis amid market losses

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said Deutsche Bank is profitable after shares fell more than 10% during European trading. Ludovic Marin | Afp | Getty Images BRUSSELS – European leaders wanted to emphasize on Friday that the banking sector in the region is stable and solid German Bank‘s sudden drop as markets opened up for trading. … Read more

Shares of Deutsche Bank are slumping on the latest sign of banking concerns

Last updated: March 24, 2023 at 5:39 am ET First published: March 24, 2023 at 5:10 a.m. ET Shares of Deutsche Bank slumped on Friday, throwing the spotlight on the health of another globally systemically important bank heading into the weekend. Shares of German lender XE:DBK fell 8% in Frankfurt trading and the Euro Stoxx … Read more

Shares of Deutsche Bank are down 9% after a sudden spike in default insurance costs

Shares of the German lender retreated for a third straight day and have lost more than a fifth of their value so far this month. A logo can be seen above Deutsche Bank AG’s headquarters in the Aurora Business Park in Moscow, Russia. Andrei Rudakov | Bloomberg | Getty Images Shares of Deutsche Bank fell … Read more

Top 10 things to watch Monday: Banks, Nvidia, Starbucks

Top 10 things to watch Monday, March 20 1. Wall Street looks stable at the start of the week and ahead of the Fed’s interest rate decision Wednesday afternoon after the meeting. The market estimates about a 60% chance of a rate hike by a quarter point and a 40% chance of no hike as … Read more

Wall Street stocks bribe for the rise of electric vehicles

The global automotive industry is in transition as consumers increasingly eschew combustion engine vehicles for electric vehicles. It means EVs are capturing a larger share of the global car market, according to French investment bank Societe Generale, with a third of cars sold in China now being electric. The “sharp acceleration” of electric vehicle adoption … Read more

Crunch time for talks with Credit Suisse as UBS seeks Swiss guarantees

Talks about bailing out Credit Suisse rolled in on Sunday as UBS asked for $6 billion from the Swiss government to cover costs. UBS is under pressure from Swiss authorities to take over its local rival in order to bring the crisis under control, two people with knowledge of the matter said. Regulators want a … Read more